Monday, April 11, 2011

Just a Picture


OK, just a few moments before I head off for a Faculty Senate meeting (and, doubtless, pray for death's sweet release). I was cleaning out my office and came across a CD that my good friend Marcie Patton from Fairfield University sent me. She was one of the great crew that were part of the Silk Road CIEE trip I took in summer 2009. It was part of a seven week, seven country marathon that was right in the middle of the lowest point in my life. However, although it was gruelling, it was good for me and by the end I was in a much better place emotionally - as evidenced by this silly picture of me that Marcie snapped while we were off in the mountains of western China (I'm thinking somewhere in greater Tibet, but I'd have to go back and check my notes). For some reason it really expresses a moment in time for me.

1 comment:

KBL said...

Nice picture! I can't believe your big Silk Road trip (pun intended) was 2 years ago. :)