Friday, April 8, 2011

The Desert


OK, more on this later, but my mind has been swerving towards the United Arab Emirates lately. Here's a picture that I thought was long gone, but which I discovered by accident recently (it was buried in an obscure file on my drive at school - which also helps to explain why I am always getting those threatening emails about how much space on the system I use). On our first trip to the UAE we went on a wild ride through the desert in jeeps. Of course, my jeep got stuck at the top of a sand dune and we had to clamber out and wait for someone to dig us out. It was during this trip that I first fell in love with the desert. I can remember standing and watching the sun go down - and in the desert the sun sets so preternaturally fast that it is awe-inspiring. Anyway, I guess I've been stuck myself lately, and maybe all I need is to dig myself out and I can still get over the dune.

No comments: