Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Amazing Aya


And here's a picture of Aya Wadi, my administrative assistant (I say my because she assures me that she works for me, although I'm certain that she must actually work for someone far more important who hasn't shown up yet - they don't give people this talented to guys like me). She's essentially the Zayed University equivalent of Darlene McGrath, and anyone at Champlain would get that reference. Aya is Palestinian, although I've yet to figure out whether she was born in the UAE or has only been here for a while. She takes care of my few requests, usually before I get around to asking for help in the first place. One of her chores is dealing with transfer issues, and since we're in the male wing of the campus it means that there is a constant queue of boys camped in her office (which is right outside mine), although I can't decide whether or not they are actually concerned with transfer credit or they just all have a crush on her. I took this picture when I discovered that Monkey had escaped from my office and was trying to get her to use her influence to get him his own suite.

No comments: