Friday, September 16, 2011

Where Am I?


I won't bore people with a map of where the UAE is located or where Abu Dhabi is inside of the UAE. Both are in the news enough that everybody already knows that. However, I did find a nice little map of where the new Abu Dhabi campus is located inside a glossy book that all the new Zayed hires received. If you look to the far left that is downtown, and that is where the old Abu Dhabi campus used to be, and, truthfully, where I was hoping I'd end up. That said, once you see where the new campus is you can see the logic of where I'm located. Head to the right of the page about 2/3 of the way and you will find the new campus, just below Khalifa City A. There's not much around it now, although the city will doubtless and catch it soon. Now, look up to your upper right hand corner and you'll find Yas Island, where I'm exiled at the Radisson Blu. There's not a lot there at the moment, although in a year, according to the plans I've seen, the place will be jumping. Right now it's only about a fifteen minute drive in, as compared to the forty-five minutes to an hyour commute that I'd be facing if I lived downtown. So, it is a bit of a conundrum. For now I guress I'm perfectly fine bunking at the Radisson. Oh, and just a bit of info - if you look back to the upper left hand corner you see the tip of the island which will soon house the Louvre and Guggenheim branch museums.

No comments: