Sunday, December 4, 2011

Beirut

I am very far behind in my blogging duties, but have absoloutely no time to even think about it now. Between two new preps and administrative chores - and Mike Lange just sent me the college football bowl pool form - I am buried. So, I'll just post a quick picture as a place-holder and get back to this later. Many things have happened lately, but the one that is freshest in my mind is the trip I just took to Lebanon. I have always wanted to visit Beirut, and I took advantage of the long National Day weekend here in the UAE, and a cheap flight, to fly over to Lebanon for three days. I had a lot of fun, and the requisite screaming match with a taxi driver, and can't wait to get back. Several of my friends back home were concerned about me flying to Beirut, but it is an odd result of the Arab Spring that Beirut is now one of the "safe" places to visit in the area. And they certainly would love some visitors. Right now a visa, which you can pick up at the airport easily, is free. Here's a fairly nice picture I took as I was walking along the Corniche looking out at the Mediterranean.

No comments: