Sunday, December 11, 2011

Colors of Lisbon


And here's another picture of Lisbon, this one taken from the castle above the city (more on that later). One of the reasons why I chose Lisbon is that I wanted to get away from plastic-land for awhile and spend some time in some place a little grittier. As I discussed earlier, Lisbon also provided some much needed rain. In addition it provided colors, even against the overcast sky. Grey rainy days are great for taking close-up pictures, but they are also good for snapping photos where the colors really jump out at you. I would suspect that if you visited Lisbon in the sun-splashed summer the colors would be washed out a bit, although I plan on going back then. When I was there the colors were so vibrant. I don't know if it relates to being on the coast or being Portuguese, but the colors on the houses were so bright and festive - even in the midst of gloom.

No comments: