Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lisbon

And another place I've been ignoring as I've been failing so magnificently as a blogger: Portugal. I had a chance to go there recently for a visit and absolutely loved it. There are a ton of Portugal-themed posts that I'll be making. However, I thought I'd just post this picture as a starter because I am in a certain state of mind. It rained the entire time I was there, often pouring. And considering that I've been here in the UAE for almost four months with no rain at all I revelled in getting soaked in Lisbon. Here's a shot I took in a wonderful cemetery that I stumbled across on a a windswept day. The generally meloncholy nature of the picture matches my mood today, which maybe relate to missing Lisbon or missing the rain or just my general end of the year blues.

No comments: