Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Life in the UAE: Gold ATM

At one time or another I know we've all said: "Why does it take so long to buy gold?  After dropping off my shirts at the dry cleaners I only have a few minutes to spare, and I really need to pick up some ingots!"  Well, if you live in the UAE you just head off to a posh mall or hotel and take advantage of the Gold ATM, where you can use a credit card (not mine, obviously) to buy gold on the spot.  It reminds me of the shop at the Emirates Palace Hotel where you can buy, not replicas of Chinese terra cotta warriors or Moche pottery, but actual Chinese terra cotta warriors and Moche pottery, but that's another post.

It just looks like any other ATM.

It looks like the cheapest ingot is around $200, and although I can't afford such silliness it is tempting just for the experience.

2 comments:

Bill Wixon said...

bring me back one. I'm serious too.

Gary Scudder said...

You are a problem child.