Saturday, October 12, 2019

Trip of Mystery Countdown

Yes, inexplicably, we're closing in on the Trip of Mystery. We're down to less than three months until my 60th birthday, and that means less than three months until I take off for the mad secret trip. While the trip itself has been discussed - and eventually planned - for a long time, I've added a component of sport and more importantly charity to it. You have to guess where I'll be (city and country) on 7 January 2020. Each guess is $5, with all the proceeds going to support TechDren, the non-profit organization started by Champlain College students to collect, refurbish and deliver laptops to elementary school students in Zanzibar. If you, in fact, pick the correct location then you win two things: 1) glory (it's a big planet out there, so this will take some serious thought) and 2) I will take you out to dinner on my dime (if you live in another state or country it may take a while, but I'm a man of my word).  You can either send me some actual cash (old school) or send me a check or go to the TechDren website and donate directly (and then just let me know your choices via email).

It is a big planet. so you should probably send along many guesses to increase the chance of winning.


No comments: