Tuesday, January 7, 2020

What It Means - Day 295

Reverence

Because
There is nothing
Outside of my Master's body

I try
To show reverence
To all things.

Because
There is nothing
Inside of my Master's body

I am saved
From all reason
And surrender understanding.

No wonder, Hafiz,
It has been
Unusual

For a smile to forsake
You!

Hafiz

OK, I'll stop with the Hafiz poems soon, although I suspect you'll find them better than my generally witless reflections on the Quran or the ahadith.  This is another beautiful poem speaking of the universality of the divine. If there is "nothing/Outside of my Master's body" then we should show reverence to all things. This brings us back to the Hafiz poem from two or three days ago. And, with this knowledge, of course Hafiz would be smiling.




No comments: