Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Mornings with David Copperfield

 I think I talked previously about how I've been won over to listening to audiobooks on Audible. Much like my initial resistance to reading books on Kindle, I eventually got over myself. Part of it relates to initially wanting to hear the Iliad and Aeneid spoken as part of the epic project - and some of it relates to the general exhaustion of having to spend so much time staring at a screen - but some of it also relates to the beauty of listening to a beautiful voice read my favorite literature. Lately I've given myself over to listening to David Copperfield. Now, of course, I'm sure I've read the novel three or four different times in my long life, but it has also been a pleasure to listen to it as well. Carving off some time to listen to it in the morning has become part of the flow of my new life.

The view from my little one bedroom apartment, looking over the rug I bought years ago in Madaba, Jordan and out towards a fresh snowfall. Altogether, a blissful morning.



No comments: