Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Wings with Kevin

 My friends and I often find ourselves discussing the complicated math of living through a global pandemic. That is, everything must be considered and calculated in a depth never necessary before (which isn't, obviously, necessarily a bad thing). Something as seemingly simple as who you see and when takes on a much more complex and fretful air because of the venn diagram of life during COVID. Truthfully, I see almost no one, at least without a mask. I go to the gym five days a week and volunteer at the Food Shelf three days a week, but on every occasion everyone there is masked up. I try and grab breakfast at the deserted Dutch Mill Restaurant first thing on Sunday mornings to show support. Beyond that my bubble is very small. Happily, the other day I was able to watch football with my great friend Kevin, who may be the only person I know who is a bigger hermit than I am right now.

The football celebration featured Kevin's famous chicken wings, which were, as always, fantastic.

Kevin is a notoriously great cook, and has very specific guidelines. For example, making Buffalo wings using the oven is a criminal offense. He is as generous a cook as he is a great cook, and during Ramadan he whips up homemade Cincinnati chili (keeping in mind that he's not from the Natti) as an Iftar treat for me.



No comments: