Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Night Out



Tonight I think I had more fun than I've had since the world was young. Chantel Harris and her husband Mark took me out to eat at a local restaurant called Ginger. What a great meal. They both had beef with a chocolate-chili sauce, which is their favorite, and I had kudu (which is a local beasty - sort of like a springbok only much bigger) smothered in a mushroom sauce. We also had a first-rate South African wine (South Africa is known for its great wines) and some very tasty desserts. They are a wonderful couple who have two small kids, ages four years and eighteen months. We discussed politics, popular culture, television and children (they have their own version of my son Gary's mystic coin in nose trip to the emergency room). They told me that on my next trip through Port Elizabeth that they'd treat me to a traditional South African cookout - I can't wait.

No comments: