Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Garysburg

As I mentioned in an earlier posting my son and I entertained ourselves on the drive to Savannah by selecting oddities to visit.  Our goal was one "world's largest something" every day, but we ended up only successfully visiting one three of the four travel days.  However, we were able to swing by Garysburg, North Carolina on the way back. I'd like to say that it was the site of a new renaissance but instead of was a pretty sad little town dominated by a swampy petrochemical smell.  Granted, it was an overcast New Year's Day, so I'm sure it would have been hopping on other days.  We'll return some time because we want to get some souvenirs.

There's another picture of me trying to remove the bow so that we could get a picture of the town seal, but I didn't post that one (for the obvious reasons).
Our initial plan was to drive up early and spend New Year's Eve in the Garysburg Super 8 Motel, and obviously play Jason Isbell's song repeatedly, but the plans fell through.

No comments: