Saturday, January 16, 2016

Reflections

There's nothing profound about this particular post.  Mainly, I just like this picture. I was heading out for a walk when I was visiting my sister down in Savannah, and was turning onto Lincoln Street.  I snapped a quick picture which I posted on Facebook with the line, "Jeffrey, you're not going down by Lincoln, are you?" Sadly, no one picked up on the painfully obscure Blue Velvet reference.  I then noticed that, if you focused in and did some cropping, that I was reflected in a Christmas ornament on a tree in a neighbor's front yard.  It seemed like a very fitting image and metaphor for this year's quest. When you take time to stop and look closely there are all sorts of things to see, including little bits of yourself everywhere.

One of my most beloved ex-student, Pat Orr, did jump in and ask,after I posted the picture on Facebook, whether it was an homage to Neil Young and one of his most iconic album images.  Nicely spotted.  Obviously, Pat had great teachers.

No comments: