Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Goetta and the Sorrows of Young Andy

My most excellent friend Andy, who abandoned us to pursue new career opportunities and also move a lot closer to home, sent along this picture today.  The bad news is that we all miss him terribly.  The other day we were discussing why we were so far behind in planning our traditional social events and I told my friends that we needed to stop mourning Andy and get on with our lives.  He's doing brilliantly - and that's the great news, and that makes me very happy.  He was just offered a new position at the University of Michigan, and I have no doubt that he'll flourish.  Heidi, his wife, also loves her job so, although we miss them, it does my heart good to see them doing so well.  This is a picture of a low country scramble and (homemade) goetta breakfast that I made Andy and Mike one Sunday, before heading off to Smitty's to watch the Vikings (and eat even more food).

You can take Mike out of Ohio, but apparently you can't take the Ohio out of Mike.

No comments: