Saturday, February 20, 2016

Troubadours or Troublemakers

When my excellent friend Andy Burkhardt took off to live in the Giant Mitten that is Michigan (if anyone actually truly lives in the Giant Mitten that is Michigan) he inspired a number of going away parties, a very tangible indication of the central role he plays in all of our lives.  Somehow I doubt that I will inspire the same general sadness and corresponding going away parties when I move on, although, knowing me, I'd probably wait until the end of the semester and then, unannounced, disappear like a ghost. Here's a picture from one of Andy's going away parties, this time at the home of the esteemed Sanford & Debbie Zale.  This is a musical performance from a promising young group (yet unnamed).

Left to right: Bill Vespa, Sean Leahy and John Stroup.  Recently at the St. John's Club Sean did pretty killer version of Springsteen's Thunder Road on karaoke night.

No comments: