Sunday, February 21, 2016

IS Panel

I just wanted to post some pictures from a panel discussion we ran this week here at Champlain on the Islamic State.  We really need to do this more often, and I'm thinking of folding it under the "Honey Boy" umbrella (much more on that later) so make it more formalized.  My friend Rowshan has put together at least three panel discussions (at least I've been involved with three of them), but it would be great if we could present something once or twice a semester. It was a great discussion and folks brought up great points.  I mainly just told stories and came within walking distance of a good point now and then.

The excellent Cyndi Brandenburg acting as moderator, or maybe just having painful flashbacks to the online harassment training we all underwent lately.

David Kite, Maggie Hunter and Ciaran Buckley. Here Ciaran is holding forth, and doubtless trying to initiate some sort of argument.  David was, as is his wont, mainly transcendent.

And my long-time friend and office-mate, Bob Mayer.  We really do have a lot of talent on the faculty here, which would make a panel series potentially really valuable.

No comments: