Thursday, March 26, 2020

Jaipur Spice Market

I guess one of the advantages of this enforced isolation is that I'm going to make greater progress in getting caught up with my blogging. Here are a series of pictures from the old spice market in Jaipur that I snapped on the recent student trip to India. A lot of the itinerary was in a constant state of flux as we danced around the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic. We weren't really supposed to visit the spice market, but I think it was a combination of something that we could do and also Steve and I pressuring Inder, Mohit and Adi to give the students more time in the utterly cool old town in Jaipur.

Here is the crew walking through the narrow streets of the market.

The inestimable Inder Singh talking to the students about spices, most of which the students would have never considered outside of jars in their kitchen at home.

Mellissa and Jorja trying to guess the spice.

Inder trying to trick Brittany, which is clearly amusing Chelsea.

And a traditional bakery. I also like this picture because the guy on the right is checking his phone.










No comments: