Sunday, August 16, 2020

Breakfast with Mike

 When you're leading student trips you often find yourself squirreling yourself with the other professor during meals to reflect on the day, adapt any scheduling, and take the temperature of the students (usually emotionally, although on the last trip to India it was also physically). It's harder to do at lunch because you're usually trying to move around and talk to every kid, which leaves supper (or late night jaunts) and especially breakfast. Here's a picture I stumbled across of my great friend Mike from the Portugal trip, which was, inexplicably, almost four years ago. I can't think of the name of the restaurant, but it was right around the corner from our hostel. My suspicion is that our well-intentioned effort to dissect the students quickly turned into a discussion about music.

I'm going to send this picture to Mike and see if he can remember what he was talking about, although it looks inspired.


No comments: