Monday, August 17, 2020

Late Nights in Madrid

 I guess since I've been thinking about heading back to Spain and Portugal for a November 2021 student trip it's not too surprising that both countries have been on my mind. And so I found myself scrolling back through pictures of the November 2016 trip I led along with my wonderful friends Mike and Kelly. Here are some pictures I snapped at a restaurant somewhere in Madrid (seriously, I'll do some research and figure it out). The students were sorted so the three of us grabbed a meal. As is typical in Madrid (or most of Europe, truthfully, but especially in Madrid it seems) we were there for a long time because, unlike idiot Americans who are in a rush to go everyplace, their logic was why would we want to leave (and, as I've always said, Europeans are much saner than we are). About the time we thought about leaving a waiter would come around and coup us a small drab of some local delicacy as a way of saying thanks for staying.





I think Kelly and Mike were arm-wrestling to see who got to go on my next trip, and apparently Kelly won because she later went on one of the India trips (which means, I guess, that I owe Mike a trip).


Again, I have no idea what Mike is doing.


No comments: