Saturday, August 15, 2020

Missing Portugal

 There is nothing profound going on here, other than the fact that I'm missing Portugal. One of my students from last fall's wonderful Jordan trip started pestering me to see when the next trips were planned, which, sadly because of the pandemic, probably won't be until the 2021-2022 school year. I told her that I was considering Jordan for a Thanksgiving trip again, but that since she had already taken the trip she couldn't take the new one. So, like any good student, she pressured me to change my entire schedule to fit her needs (she's becoming the new Liza), which sounded like a plan to me. So, I could move Jordan to spring break 2022, but then what about Thanksgiving? And it brought me back to my first Thanksgiving trip, when we took students to Spain and Portugal. Hmmm, I think I know where this is headed.


I think this paella has its unique color because of squid ink, or at least that's my memory of it. All I know for certain is that it was delicious.


No comments: