Wednesday, December 30, 2020

A Coffee Break

 The other day I stopped by the Food Shelf on an off-day to drop off a generous donation from my friend Cindy and I found six larges boxes stacked on the back table. 

I had several theories, loose coffee was not one of them.

Taking a quick look I discovered that they were full of ground coffee, each one containing one large plastic bag full. Some local coffee company, I'm assuming Green Mountain, dropped them off. Since they were already inside I figured that Pedro had to know about their existence. Nevertheless, I sent a picture to my friend Steve, and, being Steve, he immediately came up with a plan, passing the idea by Pedro first.

Steve proposed that we looked like a remake of Pacino's Scar Face.

So, that led us to meeting at the Food Shelf yesterday morning for a three hour session of turning six large bags - adding up to 162 pound of coffee - into hundreds of smaller quarter and gallon size bags. These, in turn, we can then hand out to folks. It was a a necessary chore, but also one that allowed us to spend three hours goofing and talking, which, in the Great Isolation, was much appreciated.


No comments: