Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Feeling Trapped

 I'm really feeling the Great Isolation lately; essentially, the wanderlust is killing me. A year ago, although my personal life was in the process of painfully ending, I had just returned from Jordan and was getting ready to take off for Namibia and the Trip of Mystery. I've been kicking around beginning the process of putting together course travel proposals for next year, but it would still be a year away, even if I could make a Thanksgiving trip to Jordan work. I may have to think about going somewhere this summer. The latest news, at least todays version, is that everyone who wants a COVID shot should have one by late June, so maybe a late July or August trip might be possible.

A view from inside a cave in, I think, Hellnar. At this moment I think this cave would feel much less confining than my present existence.



No comments: