Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Getting Started

 I didn't share this picture on Facebook, like seemingly the rest of the world, but, yes, here's a selfie of me getting my first COVID shot yesterday. Because of a system glitch on the morning when I was supposed to register (believe me, I was online early and ready to schedule) I didn't have my appointment until almost three weeks out (a perfect metaphor for my last two years). The process itself, carried out at the Essex Fairgrounds, was quick and painless (even the shot). They did make me sit around for thirty minutes, as compared to the usual fifteen, because of my infamous fire ant allergic event from over twenty years ago, but that was the only glitch. My second shot of Pfizer is scheduled for 4 May, so by the middle of May I should be in pretty good shape. I'm already planning on getting in my car and getting the hell out of Vermont for a couple short trips (my first since returning from India last March).


As I knew would happen, I ended up getting a little emotional when I finally got the shot. I managed to avoid actually crying, but I can't promise that for the second shot in three weeks.




No comments: