Monday, April 5, 2021

The Cool Kids on the Bus

 I know I've posted this picture before, but it makes me happy. It just popped up on the Memories prompt on Facebook, which is the only good thing about Facebook (and the very fact that I get so many of these prompts speak to how much time I clearly waste on FB, and my overwhelming self-absorption). In this picture my student and friend Ines de Haro captured the two of us goofing around on the back of a bus in India on one of the student trips.  On the long bus rides I made it my policy to sit next to all of the students at various points just to check on how they were doing, but would often migrate to the back. We'd find ourselves talking about history and religion, which eating Digestives and Hobnobs.  Mmmmm, so Digestivey.


I guess she must have gotten something from the discussions - and retained something from the classes she took from me - because Ines was just accepted into the history graduate program at UVM. I've very proud of her.




No comments: