Monday, July 27, 2020

Getting Your Hair Cut During the Pandemic

This is turning into a separate thread - the new normal during the pandemic - although I've avoided the temptation to creation a separate label for Pandemic. A couple weeks ago I was actually able to get in and get my haircut for the first time since the end of February, and even then it took around a three week wait for a slot to open up. The only open slot was on a Thursday evening, but I went to Orbit which is about a hundred feet down the road from the Food Shelf so it didn't mess with my schedule too much. And, yes, we're wearing masks, which, despite the incessant whining of the Anti-Maskers, not that big of a fucking deal.

I've often asked stylists why they don't snap pictures of their clients at the end of the cut for future reference, and they always look at me slightly suspiciously.

No comments: