Sunday, July 26, 2020

Working Out During the Pandemic

I've found that I've been devoting more than a few posts to the New Normal of life after the zombie apocalypse, and here's another one. Naturally all the gyms were closed for months, and thus I really fell behind working out (with the exception of going for daily walks, which really eats at my knee). For around a month I joined colleagues from work at a 7:15 a.m. Zoom core class with light weights, and I actually enjoyed that. However, eventually the gyms began to reopen. I was more than a bit hesitant to go back, of course. Normally I work out at the Edge, and three of their five locations reopened (the other two simply didn't have the open spaces to allow for social distancing - especially the one I normally go to because of it's bizarre winding structure). In the end I decided to return to the Edge location out in Williston, but even then I wasn't too certain if I was going to workout - and was prepared my first day to simply turn around and leave. However, at least so far, I'm very happy with the approach they're taking. They moved everything into the large indoor soccer field, and every machine and weight station is about eight feet apart. I wish more of the folks working out would wear masks, but at least so far it's OK, and I'm happy to be back (and already feel better physically).


No comments: