Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Grabbing Lunch in Iceland

Sorry for the mad rush of brief (and tedious) pictures from the Iceland trip (which was inexplicably three and a half years ago) but who knows when these mystery pictures will disappear again. I've been thinking a lot about Iceland recently, probably because as the world is ending (personally and more globally) I naturally am drawn to a place where, of all the many places I've traveled, I felt the most clearly right on the edge of the world). This is another set of pictures from the last full day, and I think it was during this unscheduled lunch that we decided to not drive all the way back to Reykjavik after all and instead just spend the day cruising around the peninsula. I'm pretty certain that I also received a text from my Dad while we were eating lunch (it was my birthday).


The Rostin Restaurant, which we were stunned to find open in the middle of the oppressive Iceland winter. Mainly we just stopped by to check out the menu, and found it open. 

And a first rate burger. Later, and oddly, I ended up recommending it to an ex-student who was going to Iceland, and he and his family ate there.

And another picture of my son staring pensively out at the ocean.


No comments: