Monday, April 15, 2019

For My Funeral

Well, I'm not planning on passing onto the great beyond any time soon, but when I do please take this picture, blow it up, and prominently display it.  During last spring's trip to Jordan (and I still have many posts to write on that trip) I was tethered to two of my lunatic students, Ines de Haro and Liza Ryan, as part of a three camel armada crossing the Wadi Rum.  It was a wonderful day, and according to Ines it was her all-time favorite.  Here's a picture of Ines talking to some wizened Bedouin crossing on the desert.  Thanks to Liza for taking it, and sharing it.  I obviously don't hate my students as much as I claim since it's difficult to imagine a professor who spends more time with them.

I'd love to know what we were gabbing about at that moment.  I was probably explaining that once my leg went into full cramp and I fell off the desert that she should ride on and save herself.

No comments: