Wednesday, April 3, 2019

What It Means - Day 16

As I've said, I'll be blogging on whatever pops into my head, and I was sitting here in my office and caught sight of my prayer rugs stacked on the top of my bookshelf.


Here is a prayer rug that I actually bought on Amazon.  Like all Amazon shopper I read the reviews and one stuck with me, "It's so plush.  I bought it for my husband, but kept it for me."  Truthfully, it is very plush.

That said, this is the one I use on a day to day basis, at least in my office.  This is a gift from my most excellent friend Steve Wehmeyer, who bought it for me last year in Stone Town in Zanzibar after I had taken off with a sick student and ended up in Nairobi. Obviously, it hols a dear place in my heart.


Both of them get dragged into class on occasion as examples of Arabic art.

No comments: