Wednesday, November 24, 2010

And leaving Slovakia

Wait, didn't I just get here? As is usually the case on these trips, everything has become a blur. I'm packing up this morning for another long day of travels. I catch a train at 10:24 here in Ruzemberok and then change trains about fifty minutes later in Zilina - and after that it's a five hour ride to Prague. This means I had better pack some goodies for the trip. I've been of trips before where I was certain there was a restaurant car, and found out to my chagrin/consternation that there wasn't, and almost starved to death. I've survived on the way over from Vienna on a couple Bounty candy bars, but I think I'll need something more substantial for the trip to Prague.

It was a nice stay in Ruzemberok, and, in addition to giving a well-attended student presentation and having a very fruitful meetings, I also caught up with some old friends. Out of the blue last night a couple professors from the Catholic University just showed up unplanned at my hotel because they figured I was bored - and took me out to the People's Cocktail Bar around the corner (the scene of the infamous cocktail napkin oath), but this was a far more tame one mojito evening. The Slovakians really are the most kind, caring people. I'll post some pictures when I have more time and better wifi.

Off to Prague!!

No comments: