Thursday, November 25, 2010

Trdelnik



As is well-documented, I will eat anything at any time, including from street vendors. Now, this has almost killed me repeatedly, in India especially (and terrified my friend Michelle to the very core of her being). However, I wasn't too worried about it in Prague. I was running in between meeting today and didn't have time to sit down for a regular meal, so I stopped at a little place and grabbed a trdelnik, which was a new discovery for me. They are all over the place in Prague. Essentially it's like a cinammon flavored dough that they wrapped around a wooden stake and baked over an open fire. It is every bit as delicious as it sounds - and doubtless I will have more tomorrow (I'm not really certain how many, but I suspect exponential notation will be utilitzed). Because I was rushing around meeting with various university officials I passed up on the hot wine (maybe tomorrow).

No comments: