Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dinner with the Family





One of the best parts of the trip to Washington, DC for the award ceremony was getting to spend time with my old friend Debi. We taught together years ago at Georgia Perimeter College - and actually team-taught four classes together combining world literature and world civilization, and it was entirely too much fun. Since those halcyon days we've gone our separate ways professionally - this is my eleventh year at Champlain and Debi is a Dean at Montgomery Community College outside of Washington, DC and will doubtless be heading up her own college someday. Here are some pictures for when we went out to eat on the 21st, the day that the ghost walked (that is, it was payday for both of us), and they took me to eat at a place called Cheeseburger Cheeseburger (although I can't imagine why she thought I'd like a place like that). Here are pictures of Debi and her fiance Ben, her sister Deanie, and her daughters Meg and Nora. She's one of those marvelous friends that we practically picked up mid-sentence even though we hadn't seen each other in years - and of course the mid-sentence was her giving me abuse about something, while I was being my usual sweetly naive self and not bothering a soul.

No comments: