Thursday, November 25, 2010

L'eminence grise


As you know, I'm usually loath to post pictures of myself, mainy because, well, hell, I'm old and I look dreadful - and I don't want to scare the small children (university age children I do want to scare, but not the little ones). However, I'm posting this picture of me, even though it's another bad one. I like it for a number of reasons. First off, because it was taken on top of the Staromestka radnice (Old Town Hall), which is in the Staromestske namesti (Old Town Square) - it's the same building as the astronomical clock (more on that later). In the background is the Kosel Matky Bozi pred Tynem (Church of Our Lady Before Tyn). Secondly, because the mother of a nice American military family who are stationed in Germany but on vacation in Budapest took it. I'm talked to them for a while and they were just nice folks. Thirdly, my blue knit cap is sort of fading into the column behind me and it makes me look like I'm a Cardinal in the Catholic Church - and, well, come on, obviously . . .

No comments: