Friday, November 26, 2010

Demonstration



OK, it's my last day in Prague and I'm running around trying to grab some breakfast, finish packing and hopefully slide out for a little last minute shopping. That said, I thought I might try and post a couple pictures/observations, mainly because I still have so many things I want to post and once I get back to my quotidian life, which is surprisingly busy, I know I'll have no chance to do anything for a while. I ended up taking another 170 pictures yesterday - so many, many things to discuss. However, and quickly, I thought I'd post one of the last things I saw in Prague yesterday - a demonstration which kept winding its way around downtown. There were about fifty hearty souls in a pretty agitated souls who circled around the cobblestone streets chanting into a megaphone. I'm not certain, completely, what the demo was about, but I suspect it was against fur. They were certainly passionate about the topic, as you can see from the two women who led the march, clothed only in body paint. I think I've seen more demonstrations and rallies on my short visits to Europe than I have in decades living in the U.S., which, I think, says something very good about the Europeans and very bad about us.

No comments: