Saturday, May 25, 2019

Marafiki

OK, so this is a terrible picture of me, but it's still a picture I love. It's a shot of our most excellent friend Seif in front of his tourism company in Stone Town. Steve and I were out and about exploring Stone Town on the last trip (it was one of the days when we had given the students free reign to explore, so we were either relaxing or trying to figure out where in the world they were) when we stumbled across Seif's shop. It was around the corner from our old hotel in Stone Town and for some reason we had either never made it there before or Seif had relocated. Either way, it was a lovely surprise to be walking along and then suddenly be greeted by our dear friend.

I don't know when we're going to make it back to Zanzibar, but it can't come soon enough to spend time with Seif again. He is simply one the finest men I've ever known.


No comments: