Thursday, May 23, 2019

My Favorite View of the Taj Mahal

I'm continuing to clean out my phone so that I'll stop getting these warnings about diminished efficiency (or at least I think they relate to my phone). At least this also forces me to get caught up, sort of, on all the blogging that I need to do. I suppose if I didn't task myself with bigger themes like running music discussions or commenting on Proust or faith I wouldn't be so far behind, but then I guess that the blog would be even less interesting than it is. Anyway, here's a picture that I snapped on the March trip to India, and which I'm sure I took on my previous visits to the Taj Mahal. I know that the straight-on view is the iconic image, but I've always liked this one shot from the side through the trees. For some reasons it gives a greater sense of the grandeur of the Taj, while not losing out on the symmetry. It's hard to believe that I'll be back there next March.

The very fact that I'm always drawn to places off the beaten path (even if they're to frame a picture) serves as a metaphor for something.


No comments: