Friday, July 6, 2012

Croatian Beasties

I love this sign.  It's a picture I snapped out on the Peljesac Peninsula on the way to catch the ferry out to Korcula Island.  It reminds me of camel crossing signs in Oman and moose crossing signs in Vermont, although probably more like the Vermont equivalent because I didn't actually see any wild boar (much like the fact that I've been in Vermont for over a decade and have seen exactly four moose).  Truthfully, I'm glad I didn't see any wild boar because they are supposed to be pretty mean-spirited.  It is nice to know that in spite of development there is still a lot of Croatia which is still unblemished.

The other reason why I'm glad I didn't see a wild boar is that I think I ate his cousin once in Vienna, and I suspect there would have been some attempt at revenge.

No comments: