Monday, July 16, 2012

Night in Croatia

Here's a nice picture I snapped from the dock outside of the walls of Dubrovnik.  The moon is rising over one of the nearby islands.  It's somewhere between amazing and infuriating that the pictures I take with my Droid or Blackberry are routinely better than the pictures I take with my camera.  Now, to be fair, the camera I own now is more designed to be indestructible than to produce award winning photographs.  After destroying/losing four straight cameras I decided that dependable was better than delicate.  At the same time as this picture I did use the destructo-camera to take dozens of shots of two little girls jumping into the water near the tall city walls - more on that later.

As the temperatures soar in Abu Dhabi I can't tell you how much I miss swimming in the Adriatic.

No comments: