Thursday, July 19, 2012

Visitors

Well, it took a year, but I finally have some visitors.  They, foolishly, have come at the most miserably hot time of the year and they are suffering - especially after arriving from rainy London.  Actually, as bad as it is today, it's also about the most pleasant day we've had in weeks.  My sister Lisa and my nephew Garrett arrived late last night.  They were exhausted, but I rousted them out of bed early so we could do some sight-seeing.  Our first stop was the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, which they both really liked.  Of course, I am also having complete flashbacks to high school as I wait endlessly for my sister to get ready.  Here's a shot of her at the mosque wearing an abaya.  I think Garrett, who is quite the photographer, took more than a hundred pictures at the mosque.

"These are not the droids you're looking for."

No comments: